Sunday, September 12, 2010

Crabbing on a early Saturday morning

So I went crabbing about 2 weeks ago with a friend and had a blast! ***I apologize before hand if this post offends anyone who doesn't eat meat or seafood! Or finds this repulsive. I found this experience to be quite interesting!  It felt fulfilling so to speak, to catch, prepare and serve seafood for dinner.  It made me think of the olden golden days, when there were no grocery stores and people had to rely on mother nature.  Now, I won't be going crabbing all the time but it definitely was interesting experience.  
 
You can only take the male crabs and they have to be 6 1/2 in in width.
We caught 3,  Poor guy, I felt super bad! 
the end result was yum! we didn't catch the shrimp- we bought them at the store.
So! What interesting things have you done lately?

1 comment:

  1. oh man i love crabs <3
    reminded me of last winter ,, we would go as a group to our friend's beach house ,, fire BBQ and grilled crabs ,,, oooh i want some now <3

    ReplyDelete